CALL for abstracts:
Papers around partnership for priority setting
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 26, 2012
Notification Date: April 13, 2012
Conference / Abstract Theme:The theme for the conference is "Partnerships for Improving Health Systems" which will examine the interface between researchers, practitioners and managers, and how these key stakeholders can best work together to improve our health systems. Submissions are encouraged from stakeholders in low- , middle- and high-income countries.
Below you will find information on this call, including topics, formatting, and the submission and review process.
Abstracts relating to any area of Priority Setting and/or Decision Making in health care are welcome. Topics of particular interest for this meeting include:
- Policy and governance frameworks in health services
- Health economics
- Ethics and priority setting
- Health technology reimbursement frameworks
- International trends and variations in priority setting
- Approaches to shared decision-making
- Public engagement
Sessions should include the following areas:
Background / Objectives
Methods / Design
Results / Findings
Conclusions / Implications
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Authors of submissions selected for presentation will be contacted via email by April 13, 2012 and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation, or an organized session at the Conference. All selections will be published in a booklet which will be provided to delegates at the Conference.
Please use the official form only:
1. Submissions must be sent electronically, by email, using the official
2. Submissions must not exceed 250 words (excluding the abstract heading).
3. Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
4. Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
5. Please use standard abbreviation. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
6. An individual may submit more than one abstract or organized session. One official application form is required for each submission.
7. There is no fee to submit.
8. Edits to submissions may be made up to March 26, 2012. Instructions for making edits can be found on the abstract submission form.
Presentation at the Conference
1. Please indicate on the submission form whether you are interested
in being considered for an oral paper presentation, poster presentation,
or organized session.
2. The author for correspondence or presenting author of accepted submissions will be registered for the conference and an invoice for the Early Bird fees provided. Substitutions can be made at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting either oral papers, posters, or organized sessions, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation.
4. For accepted posters, the presenter will be required to stand by his/her poster(s) at specific times to answer questions during the Conference. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times.
5. Posters must not exceed 3’ by 6’ in size but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided at the conference.
6. Oral presentations at the conference will be 15 minutes in length, with five minutes for questions.
By submitting to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their submission in the conference syllabus and on the conference website.
For Further Information
BUKSA Strategic Conference Services
Suite 307, 10328 - 81 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2
Tel: (780) 436-0983 x 229
Fax: (780) 437-5984
Call for Abstracts
Fees and Policies
|Contacts||© 2011 BUKSA Strategic Conference Services|